WordPress SSL and HTTPS Setup
What is SSL?
SSL (Secure Socket Layer) is the standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. This secure link ensures that all data transferred remains private. It’s also called TLS (Transport Layer Security). Millions of websites use SSL encryption everyday to secure connections and keep their customer’s data safe from monitoring and tampering
Why Use SSL?
Every website on the Internet should be served over HTTPS. Here’s why:
- Performance: Modern SSL can actually improve page load times.
- Search Ranking Boost: Search engines like Google favor HTTPS websites.
- Security: Encrypting traffic with SSL ensures nobody can snoop on your users’ data.
- Trust: By displaying a green lock in the browser’s address bar, SSL increases visitor’s trust
- Regulatory Compliance: SSL is a key component in PCI compliance for e-commerce.
We’ll install the SSL Certificate on your existing WordPress site, update all URLs, setup redirections and fix any existing SSL/HTTPS URL errors and bugs.
You’ll need to buy an SSL certificate from your hosting provider.
As an alternative, if you want to use a FREE SSL certificate instead, please do one of two:
- Check whether your hosting provider offers Free SSL Certificates, or
- Register at Cloudflare (https://www.cloudflare.com/ssl/) and let us know your email and password to login.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.